Specifically targeting bonding of (LSE) low surface energy painted metals & plastics post powder coating processes, NovaBond SignFix LSE 110B is a heavy duty acrylic pressure sensitive adhesive capable of operating at the high temperatures of 150°C+
NovaBond SignFix LSE 110B is the double-sided, heat resistant tape you can rely on for the most demanding, low surface energy material critical tasks.
- Automotive & electronics
- Use on LSE painted metals and plastics post powder coating and oven-stoving.
- Suited to glass, acrylic or polycarbonate
- Virtually impervious to UV, temperature, ageing or chemicals.
- Ideal for durable, long-lasting signs in the harshest environments.
Features & benefits
- Specially formulated for low surface energy bonding
- Incredibly high bond strength delivers durability and longevity
- Special low surface energy adhesive formulation means you may not need to abrade or prime
- Extremes of temperature
- High forces applied to the bond
- Most solvents and chemicals
- Differential expansion and contraction
- Interior or exterior performance
- Easy release siliconised filmic liner improves assembly times
- High tack and good initial handling strength for improved production speeds and aesthetics
- Can replace spot welds or mechanical fasteners
- Ultra high sheer and high cohesion – ensuring the tape (and bond) remain strong under stress
- Resists vibration
- 1.1mm thickness Grey/Black tape with red filmic liner
How to apply NovaBond SignFix LSE 110B acrylic tape
- Abrade (roughen) the surface to provide a ‘key’ to which the tape can bond, increasing the bond strength by as much as 35%
- Clean with NovaBond Surface Cleaner
- Prime the surface using NovaBond Surface Primer
- Independent tests at Loughborough University show that using the correct primer can increase final bond strength by up to 50%. Remove the blue silicon liner.
- Align the parts to be bonded.
- With firm pressure, apply NovaBond SignFix LSE 110B to one of the surfaces to be bonded.
- Using a NovaBond roller will allow the double sided acrylic tape to wet out and reach ultimate bond strength more quickly.
- Apply firm pressure to the bond with the NovaBond roller.
- Ultimate bond strength will be achieved in 72 hours.
|Liner||Silicone coated paper/PE film
|90° Peel Adhesion according to AFERA 5001||Steel 35N/25mm – PVC 23N/25mm – Aluminium 31N/25mm
|Static Shear Strength (to stainless steel)||1500g @ 23°c : 500g @ 93°c
|Dynamic Shear (@200mm/min)||73N/cm2 (after 2 hours) : 84N/cm2 (after 24 hours) :
|Operating Temperatures||Short term (mins/hrs) 150°c : Long term (days+) 120°c
|Application temperature||Minimum 15°c (ideally between 21°c and 40°c)
|Temperature resistance according to ISTM D3654 method||From -40°c to +150°c (long term) 260°c+ (short term) Area of 6.25² with 1kg load @ 150°c for 10,000 minutes
|Standard roll dimensions||12, 19 & 25mm widths x 33m rolls
Please contact us at email@example.com for further information or to discuss your application.
Click HERE to link through to our full product range.
Innova Solutions: bonding people, fixing problems: +44 (0)1282 867 390
Got a Question?