Following recent growth and expansion plans, Innova Solutions are excited to announce that they have a full time vacancy for a Warehouse Operative at their site in Lancashire. Full details of the role are below. Should you wish to apply for this position, please send a copy of your recent CV along with a covering letter to Linda Barrowclough, Innova Solutions Ltd, Lower Draught Gates Farm, Burnley Road, Trawden, Lancashire BB8 8PW.
Alternatively please send via e-mail to Linda@innovasolutions.co.uk .
Reporting to the Supply & Logistics Manager, the primary function of this role is to assist with the smooth running of dispatch and receipt of goods. You will have responsibility for maintaining the warehouse in a clean and orderly fashion, you will be responsible for logistic operations, with a hands-on approach.
Lower Draught Gates Farm, Burnley Road, Trawden, Colne, BB8 8PW
Company Vision and Values
Vision – To be the supplier of choice with the most desirable brand to the sign-maker across Europe.
Mission – Our customers need us:
- to make their lives easier
- to save them money
- to fix problems
- to enhance products
- to create impact
- to save lives
- Positive attitude
- Ownership & Initiative
- Customer focus
You will assist the Supply & Logistics Manager in ensuring the smooth, efficient running of the warehouse. This will include assisting with the flow of stock through the warehouse, monitoring goods in and out and ensuring goods are stored in the appropriate location. Goods will need to be re-packaged and labelled with the appropriate batch coding and product information. You will be responsible for the cleanliness and organisation of the warehouse ensuring that all goods are in the correct place and are easily identifiable.
- Attention to detail and ability to keep accurate and up-to-date records.
- Good mental arithmetic, spatial awareness and judgement.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in writing, by e-mail and over the telephone with customers and suppliers.
- Responsible and reliable with a commitment to safe working practices.
- Good knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken.
- IT literate. An understanding of Word, Excel and Outlook are preferable, however full training will be given if required.
- Clean driving licence.
- Experience in warehousing.
- Receiving, moving, checking and storing incoming goods.
- Checking and inspecting goods received and ensuring they are of accurate quantity, type, and acceptable quality.
- Packaging and labelling products before they are dispatched.
- Picking and packing products.
- Shrink wrapping certain products before dispatch.
- Selecting space for storage and arranging for goods to be placed in the designated areas.
- Making sure that all inventory processes are completed on the same day.
- Loading and unloading vehicles.
- Batch coding and labelling goods that have arrived at the warehouse.
- Operating a forklift; full training will be given.
- Welcoming and helping customers who collect orders.
- Moving and organising stock.
- Ensuring a clean and safe workhouse for staff to work in.
- Storing stock away safely.
- Local deliveries/collections.
- Ensuring hazardous products are stored in appropriate areas.
- Moving items through the warehouse from receipt to despatch to customers.
- Accurately updating all data into computer and manual recording systems.
- Filing and other office related duties
- Daily stock taking
- Telephone answering
- Attend monthly/quarterly meetings and training opportunities
- To be prepared to help out within any department to ensure deadlines are met.
- Self-motivated and positive.
- Organised and conscientious.
- Ambitious, hard working and flexible.
- Courteous, patient, polite and contributing to the positive wellbeing of customers and colleagues.
- A team player.
The above duties are not exhaustive and you will be expected to perform duties as required by the Company to support the success and growth of Innova Solutions. In return, you will enjoy the benefits and rewards associated with a profitable, growing business.
Hours of Work
Full time 37.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm