Clear, powerful bonding that delivers strength and aesthetics in a single application.
NovaSol 12000 NC solvent adhesive – ideal for:
- Signage: Formulated for cast acrylic (eg Perspex) indoor signs.
- Shopfitting: Use to bond store displays and other plastic fixtures where strength is as essential as visual appeal.
- Mechanical engineering: Quick and easy plastic bonding.
- Not for structural or outdoor applications.
Why NovaSol 12000 NC plastic weld adhesive?
NovaSol 12000NC is a dichloromethane-free acrylic glue which fuses plastic surfaces together as it dries, creating a strong, long lasting bond. Its clear formulation makes it ideal for bonding cast acrylics where the finished product needs to look as good as it performs. Perfect for edge bonding and butt joints.
How to apply NovaSol 12000NC plastic solvent adhesive
- Ensure surfaces to be bonded are clean, dry and free from dust, grease and oils. For a residue-free surface, use NovaBond Surface Cleaner.
- Cool (and ideally refrigerate) the solvent adhesive for 12 hours before use.
- Carefully apply the plastic weld adhesive directly into the joint. Use a wide-bore syringe for accuracy.
- Joints will harden in around 3 hours at room temperature. Do not machine for 24 hours.
- Optimum strength will be reached in 3 weeks. You can accelerate this process (after the initial 24 hours) by heating the joint for 8 hours at 80°C
NovaSol 12000 NC technical information
Properties of Uncured Material
|Viscosity brookfield t bar||3000cps
|Handling strength||3 hours @ 20°C
|Joint machine time||24 hours
Performance of cured material
|ASTM D1002 lapshear acrylic||Substrate failure
|Gap fill||0.15 – 0.6mm
|Temperature range||-55 to 120°C
Got a Question?