When considering installing a Safety Way Guidance System (SWGS) it’s important to understand the benefits of using Photoluminescent Signage versus Standard Signage & Directional Markings.
Photoluminescent Signage maintains the necessary ACTION or WARNING message under ‘blackout or smoky’ conditions
- An ISO 16069 compliant Photoluminescent SWGS provides a clear and unambiguous exit route under emergency conditions for a SAFE ESCAPE
- As well as signage the system could comprise Low-Location Lighting Strips, Hazard Warning and Plain Tapes, Stair Markers & Nosing’s and Floor-Marking Tapes & Die-Cut Shapes
- An ISO 16069 compliant SWGS clearly marks hazards, obstructions and Fire Fighting Equipment – reducing falls & injuries whilst serving to aid first-response fire action thus helping to SAVE LIVES
- An ISO 16069 compliant Photoluminescent SWGS is proven to improve both ‘egress times and efficiencies’ to reduce time in the evacuation of buildings by the FIRE & RESCUE SERVICE
- Whilst there is no legislation governing the use of Photoluminescent products in Europe, fitting an ISO 16069 compliant Photoluminescent SWGS demonstrates a DUTY OF CARE & A COMMITMENT TO THE SAFETY of your employees, customers and visitors
- XTRA-GLO is over twice as bright as NITE-GLO and is visible to the human eye for more than double the time, enhancing all of the above benefits
- Photoluminescent Signage and SWGS’s are reliable, passive Fire Action systems that consume no energy, other than light to charge, require little or no maintenance and do not malfunction
For further understanding of the standards quoted and requirements, please check out ISO 16069 at the link below:
Abridged Version of ISO_16069-2004 (1)
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Innova Solutions: bonding people, fixing problems: +44 (0)1282 867 390