High strength bonding of metals, plastics and composites from an acrylic adhesive that doesn’t need primers to perform.
NovaWeld SignFix 18 industrial adhesive – ideal for:
Signage: Use for fabrication and installation Automotive: Bonds carbon fibre body panels. Securely fixes magnets to motor housings Trailer fabrication: Swift, effective bonding of dissimilar metals
Why NovaWeld SignFix 18?
There’s strength and versatility in NovaWeld SignFix 18. The two-component structural adhesive is designed for bonding metals, plastics and composites. And because most surfaces can be bonded without primers (and can be handled in around 5 minutes) your production processes are improved.
How to apply NovaWeld SignFix 18 acrylic adhesive
- Consult the SignFix 18 material safety data sheet (MSDS) before using for the first time.
- Carry out surface preparation where required. Contact us for help and advice.
- Remove cap and attach mixer nozzle.
- Apply the mixed adhesive to one surface. Assemble components carefully and clamp if required. Take care not to over-tighten – you need to leave some adhesive between the joint.
- Remove any excess adhesive at this point, before the structural glue starts to cure. Use a suitable cleaner such as NovaBond Surface Cleaner.
- Allow the adhesive sufficient time to achieve handling strength before moving or unclamping.
NovaWeld SignFix 18 acrylic adhesive technical information
Typical uncured properties:
|Viscosity Brookfield T Bar, 4000cps
|Mix ratio by weight, 1:1
|Open time, 2-3 mins
|Handling time, 4-5 mins @ 20°C
|Full cure, 10-12 mins
Typical cured properties (ASTDM Lapshear):
|Steel, 27 Nmm2
|Aluminum, 14 Nmm2
|Polycarbonate, 12Nmm2 (Substrate Failure)
|ABS, 8Nmm2 (Substrate Failure)
|Temperature Range, -35°C to 180°C
Got a Question?