How to apply adhesives
- Clean the surfaces by solvent-wiping any deposits of heavy grease, oil, dirt, or other contaminants with a Surface Cleaner
- The surface can also be cleaned with industrial cleaning equipment such as vapour phase degreasers or hot aqueous baths
- If working with metal, abrade or roughen the surface to significantly increase the microscopic bond area and increase the bond strength
- Attach the cartridge to a 50ml or 400ml manual or pneumatic dispensing system
- Open the tip. Burp the cartridge by squeezing out some material until both sides are uniform – this ensures no air bubbles are present during mixing
- Attach the mix nozzle to end of cartridge
- Apply to one surface and attach the other substrate quickly, as you only have a few minutes of working time to use the product
- Substrates can be clamped with a bond line thickness as small as 0.007″
- If you are using the adhesive to attach big head fasteners, first, gun out a small worm cast of adhesive, large enough to accommodate the base of the fastener, then push the fastener down into the adhesive, turning gently.
- Take care not to push the fastener too far down, thereby squeezing the adhesive from underneath.
There is a good best practice video here……….
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Innova Solutions: bonding people, fixing problems: +44 (0)1282 867 390