bonding people, fixing problems
How do I prepare a surface properly prior to bonding?
- For best results always ensure your surface is clean, dry and free from oil, grease and any other contaminants.
- If the surface is dirty, wash it with a detergent solution and dry thoroughly before proceeding.
- Abrade the surface – when you abrade something you scratch or roughen it, increasing the surface area and enabling adhesives to key (grip) more powerfully.
- Abrading effectively increases the surface area by 35%, giving you a corresponding increase in bond strength.
- Clean with a non-residual cleaning solvent such as NovaBond Surface Cleaner to remove any dust and create an ideal bonding surface.