Benefits of ISO 16069 Photoluminescent Signage and Safety Way Guidance Systems over Standard Signage & Directional Markings
What is ISO 16069?
ISO 16069:2004 is concerned with the principles regarding the design and application of visual components used to create safety way guidance system’s (SWGS); their environment of use, choice of material, layout, installation and maintenance practices.
Benefits of installing ISO 16069 Photoluminescent Signage
- An ISO 16069 compliant Photoluminescent SWGS provides a clear and unambiguous exit route under emergency conditions for a SAFE ESCAPE.
- As well as signage the system could comprise Low-Location Lighting Strips, Hazard Warning and Plain Tapes, Stair Markers & Nosings and Floor-Marking Tapes & Die-Cut Shapes
- An ISO 16069 compliant SWGS clearly marks hazards, obstructions and Fire Fighting Equipment – reducing falls & injuries whilst serving to aid first-response fire action thus helping to SAVE LIVES
- An ISO 16069 compliant Photoluminescent SWGS is proven to improve both EGRESS times and efficiencies and reduce time in the evacuation of buildings by the FIRE & RESCUE SERVICE
- Whilst there is no legislation governing the use of Photoluminescent products in Europe, fitting an ISO 16069 compliant Photoluminescent SWGS demonstrates a DUTY OF CARE & A COMMITMENT TO THE SAFETY of your employees, customers and visitors
- Class C products are over twice as bright as Class B and are visible to the human eye for more than double the time, enhancing all of the above benefits
- Photoluminescent Signage and SWGS’s are reliable and aside from cleaning, require little maintenance – they don’t need a constant source of power or a battery backup – is the safest sign of all.
Click HERE to link through to our NovaGlow product range.
For further information or to order NovaGlow products contact email@example.com for more information or call +44 (0)1282 867 390