Bonding SignFix Channel To ACM Using NovaBond XS 110G
1. To obtain the best results, surfaces must be clean, dry and free from oil, grease and any other contaminants that will be detrimental to accepting adhesives
2. We always recommend abrading wherever possible to ‘key’ both surfaces. This can increase the surface area and enhance bond strength by up to 30%.
3. Subsequent cleaning with a non-residual cleaning solvent such as Novabond Surface Cleaner will further assist the adhesion of the tape to the substrate surface
4. For increased bond strength, the surface can then be treated with NovaBond Surface Primer which acts by polarising and increasing the surface energy of the substrate at the bonding interface to more readily accept adhesives
5. Apply the NovaBond XS 110G tape to the channel and apply uniform pressure by means of a NovaBond roller. Bond strength is dependent upon the degree of adhesive to surface contact developed. Firm application pressure develops better adhesive contact and thus bond strength is improved.
6. Remove liner, line up the parts and apply second substrate.
7. Again apply firm pressure to the bond with the NovaBond roller.
8. After application, bond strength will increase as the adhesive flows into the surface. 60% strength will be achieved within 20 minutes, 90% after 24 hours and 100% after 72 hours. Ultimate bond strength can be achieved sooner by exposing bond to higher temperatures (e.g. 70°C for 1 hour) or by applying more pressure (via a laminator or placing weight on the bonded parts).
Check out our other Best Practice Videos on our dedicated YouTube Channnel
For Information…….our office will be closing on December 24th at midday and we’ll be off enjoying our Christmas break until Monday January 5th.
Merry Christmas and best wishes for 2015!
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Innova Solutions: bonding people, fixing problems: +44 (0)1282 867 390