Bonding To Powder Coat Overspray with NovaBond LSE80
- Whilst we always recommend abrading where possible, there may be some instances where aesthetics or production parameters do not allow for this secondary operation after the powder coat paint process
- When bonding to powder coat overspray there are 2 main considerations regarding the surface
- Low surface energy to adhere to
- Rough, uneven surface for the adhesive to wet out
- NovaBond LSE80 has been used by signmakers due to its high initial and ultimate adhesion to low surface energy substrates and specially formulated adhesive system that wets out and provides superior adhesion to irregular substrates
- Clean with a non residual solvent such as NovaBond Surface Cleaner
- Apply the NovaBond LSE80 tape to the acrylic panel
- Peel back the filmic liner and position the acrylic panel
- Remove fully the liner and apply firm pressure by means of a NovaBond Roller
- After application bond strength will increase as the adhesive flows into and wets out the surface. 60% strength will be achieved in 20 mins, 90 % after 24 hours and 100% after 72 hours.
Check out our other Best Practice Videos on our dedicated YouTube Channnel
For Information…….our office will be closing on December 24th at midday and we’ll be off enjoying our Christmas break until Monday January 5th.
Merry Christmas and best wishes for 2015!
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Innova Solutions: bonding people, fixing problems: +44 (0)1282 867 390