Looking for an invisible finish when bonding clear acrylics, polycarbonates or glass for example, consider a UV light curable adhesive?
Simple to apply. Cures in seconds. Delivers a stronger, water clear, bubble-free bond. Create a more effective laminate with NovaLite SignFix 10.
NovaLite SignFix 10 – ideal for:
Signmakers and shopfitters. Use the single component adhesive for:
- Laminating sheets and flat shapes
- Exterior applications (seal edges of the bond line with NovaSeal SignFix 2 Clear)
Why NovaLite acrylic glue?
The unique, single part adhesive looks and acts like water. It creates an invisible finish that’s ideal for polycarbonates. It’s easy to apply, even over large surface areas, and it cures in seconds under white or UV light.
How to apply NovaLite SignFix 10 laminating adhesive
Surface preparation: Thoroughly clean the surfaces you intend to bond with NovaBond Surface Cleaner using a clean, lint-free cloth. Follow the instructions and allow time for the solvent to ‘flash off’ (evaporate).
- Apply direct from the 250ml squeezable bottle using the fine nozzle attached. When squeezing the bottle, exert a gentle, consistent pressure to prevent air bubbles forming within the laminating adhesive.
- Cover approximately 50% of the surface area using a slow, consistent motion.
- Draw the pool of adhesive out to the edges of the surface area ensuring the entire surface is covered. It’s better to over-apply the adhesive than under-apply and leave air bubbles to appear once the top surface is added.
- Float the top surface onto the laminating adhesive and apply moderate pressure. Don’t worry about any excess adhesive leaking out – it’s the only way to guarantee complete elimination of air bubbles. Take care not to exert too much pressure – the force could squeeze adhesive out and allow air in.
- Expose the transparent surface to white light (natural or artificial) or UV light. Ideally, use a lightbox to avoid any risk in moving the pieces. The adhesive will cure in seconds, taking slightly longer on thicker materials or coloured or frosted finishes.
- Once the adhesive has cured, clean any excess with NovaBond Surface Cleaner or trim with a knife and peel off.
Got a Question?