The acrylic tape formulated to withstand high stress forces.
NovaBond XS 64W acrylic foam tape – ideal for:
Signage: Superior holding power in a solvent-free, environmentally friendly formulation.
Other: Use wherever you need a stronger, performance critical bond from an acrylic foam tape.
Why NovaBond XS 64W high strength bonding tape?
It’s the firmer acrylic core that gives NovaBond XS 64W the incredible shear and peel strengths to withstand high stress forces. Choose NovaBond XS 64W acrylic foam tape for:
- High tack and initial bond strength that improves your process efficiency
- Withstanding high forces applied to the bond, providing superior durability and longevity
- Easy release double sided siliconised liner – for faster assembly
- Withstanding extremes of temperature, water, most solvents and chemicals
- Maintaining bond strength, even on materials which expand and contract at different rates
- Interior or exterior use
How to apply NovaBond XS 64W acrylic foam tape
- Abrade (roughen) the surface to provide a ‘key’ to which the tape can bond, increasing the bond strength by as much as 35%
- Clean with NovaBond Surface Cleaner
- Prime the surface. Independent tests at Loughborough University show that using the correct primer can increase final bond strength by up to 50%. You can find the correct NovaBond Surface Primer here.
- Remove the red filmic liner. Align the parts to be bonded.
- With firm pressure, apply NovaBond XS 64W to one of the surfaces to be bonded. Using a NovaBond roller will allow the double sided acrylic tape to wet out and reach ultimate bond strength more quickly.
- Apply firm pressure to the bond with the NovaBond roller.
- Ultimate bond strength will be achieved in 72 hours.
NovaBond XS 64W technical information
|Thickness||0.64mm (± 10%)
|Standard roll dimensions||12, 19 & 25mm widths x 33m rolls
|Dynamic shear (mean load)||533N (surface area 800mm²) – Force applied 45N for 60 seconds – Jaw speed 10mm/minute
|180° Peel* (mean load)||31N (surface area 60mm²) – Force applied 20N – Jaw speed 50mm/minute
|Tensile load* (mean load)||89N (surface area 122mm²) – Force applied 45N for 60 seconds – Jaw speed 10mm/minute
|Service temperature||-40°c to 120°c (short term: 150°c)
|Application||Minimum 15°c (ideally between 21°c and 40°c) – Relative humidity 55% ± 10%
Got a Question?