Enjoy greater flexibility at higher temperatures, without sacrificing strength.
NovaBond SignFix XS 110G acrylic foam tape – ideal for:
Manufacturing and signage: A firmer, high shear bond, ideally suited to metal. Particularly adept at bonding fixing channels to the rear of signage.
Why NovaBond SignFix XS 110G high temperature adhesive tape?
- Bonds plastics, bare metals and most painted or treated substrates
- Incredibly high bond strength delivers durability and longevity, even at high temperatures
- Visco elastic formulation bonds dissimilar materials with different expansion rates
- Extremes of temperature
- High forces applied to the bond
- Most solvents and chemicals
- Differential expansion and contraction
- Interior or exterior performance
- Easy release siliconised filmic liner improves assembly times
- High tack and good initial handling strength for improved production speeds and aesthetics
How to apply NovaBond SignFix XS 110G acrylic foam tape
- Abrade (roughen) the surface to increase bond strength and provide a ‘key’ to which the tape can bond.
- Clean with NovaBond Surface Cleaner.
- Prime the surface. Independent tests at Loughborough University show that using the correct primer can increase final bond strength by up to 50%. You can find the correct NovaBond Surface Primer here.
- Remove the red filmic liner. Align the parts to be bonded.
- With firm pressure, apply NovaBond XS 110G high temperature bonding tape to one of the surfaces to be bonded. Using a NovaBond roller will allow the high strength bonding tape to wet out and reach ultimate bond strength more quickly.
- Apply firm pressure to the bond with the NovaBond roller.
- Ultimate bond strength will be achieved in 72 hours.
NovaBond SignFix XS 110G adhesive tape technical information
|Standard roll dimensions||12, 19 & 25mm widths x 33m rolls
|Dynamic shear (mean load)||556N (surface area 800mm²) – Force applied 45N for 60 seconds – Jaw speed 50mm/minute
|180° Peel* (mean load)||68N (surface area 60mm²) – Force applied 20N
|Tensile load* (mean load)||69N (surface area 122mm²) – Force applied 45N for 60 seconds – Jaw speed 10mm/minute
|Service temperature||-40°c to 95°c (short term: 200°c)
|Application||Minimum 15°c (ideally between 21°c and 40°c)
|Temperature||Relative humidity 55% ± 10%
Got a Question?